After taking the past few months off, I’m back! As you may or may not know, I’m back working full time. I have a great new job I LOVE as the Marketing Director for the largest commercial real estate company in New Mexico. It’s my ideal job, but a crazy busy one as well. Sooo, needless to say my cooking sort of took the back-burner.
I missed it terribly, but it takes ALOT of time to be a successful food blogger: time to research, time to screw up, time to clean up messes and time to start over. Well I’ve been on the job almost 3 months now and I finally think I’ve got life and the craziness of being a full time working wife and mom, under control.
So here we go, this first recipe is…
These are decadent and beautiful, perfect if you’re looking to make something extra special for the one you love, but don’t have a TON of time. I’m obsessed with the combo of chocolate and cream cheese and these brownies hit the spot! I couldn’t walk away. Normally I take the easy way out and do not make my brownies from scratch, but this recipe was the exception. And let me just say, one of my next efforts might be perfecting the homemade brownie. These brownies turned out PERFECT, thick, not too cakey, just right.
Easy to make and gorgeous presentation, this is definitely an instant classic.
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
1/2 cup Butter
2 oz. Chocolate Chopped
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp Red Food Color
2/3 cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
8 oz Cream Cheese
1/3 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 8×8 or 9×9 inch pan. Line with Parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper as well.
3. In a small microwavable bowl melt chocolate and 1/2 cup butter.
4. While chocolate is melting, in a large bowl, mix Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla and Red food coloring.
5. Add Chocolate and Butter mixture 1/2 at a time, stirring after each addition, so the eggs do not get cooked.
6. Add the Flour and Salt to the mixture and stir till just combined.
7. Pour into parchment lined pan.
8. In a medium bowl Combine, Cream Cheese, 1/2 cup Sugar, 1 Egg and 1/2 tsp Vanilla, and stir well.
9. Pour Cream Cheese mixture on top of Brownie mixture in the pan.
10. Swirl Cream Cheese mixture with a butter knife.
11. Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
12. Cool, Slice and Enjoy!